Wednesday, January 13, 2010

well done.

I am now thoroughly convinced that working out contributes to my brain not functioning correctly. Like yesterday, I feel completely distracted but now to add to that, I feel incredibly lethargic as well! I am about to tell you a true story that supports my theory:

One dark and very chilly night (*cough* tonight)
I was driving home from the gym, 
which we lovingly call the "slc", 
after a very enjoyable workout with very enjoyable company.
As I pressed the down on the gas pedal I thought to myself,
"oh man, I can already feel the burn!"
I was a little disgruntled by this thinking that tomorrow
might not be very lovely in the leg/back region.
Then I realized that the heater was on full blast at my feet.

The end. My theory is correct.

:) I am very pleased to be on Day 5 of my journey to purpose. 
Today,  I was reminded of how our life on earth will be reflected by our future lives in heaven. Constantly we are being tested and tempted and tossed around. I'm thinking of a story that I heard once (or possibly read in one of those obnoxious "fwd:" emails) about a special test. A group of students went to their college class all studied up for a big exam, only to find that the location of their test had been changed. The students were required to trek across campus to meet the professor. On the way they were stopped by several different people (I don't remember the descriptions exactly) all needing help of some kind- money, food, help across the street, ect. The students were so focused on the fact that they might be late for their test that they completely ignored the plea of these needy people. When they finally reached the new location of the test, they found all the individuals who had tried to stop them on they way waiting for them there with their professor. The professor was saddened that all of them had failed his true test, which was a test for their hearts, on selfishness. 




Wow- how often is God saddened by my many mistakes? I don't even want to think about all the times that I have passed up on helping someone out to satisfy my own wants or needs. Life is so full of trials! Every decision we make! This thought is daunting- almost scary to me! I hope that I will be able to make decisions in my future that will make my God proud of me. I am so unworthy! Yet God still loves me and gives me an unfathomable amount of new beginnings. For that I am infinitely grateful. 


A beautiful scripture from this chapter was Matthew 25:21:


Well done, good and faithful servant!
You have been faithful with a few things;
I will put you in charge of many things.
Come and share your master's happiness.


It is my prayer today, for myself and for you, that we will be able to be welcomed into heaven by God with his loving affirmation "well done!" "You passed the test, come and celebrate with me!" Oh, to dwell in the house of the Lord forever :) That is what we have to look forward to! An eternity with our Lord, whom we have failed so many times and who loves us so so much. What have I been entrusted with on this earth? As I think about the gifts and talents I possess, I realize that the use of these are tests from God. How will I use them? That is an every day, every hour, every minute decision that I will need to make for the rest of my life! Thank you, God, for your forgiveness and the chance to dedicate my life to you! 
I hope I am constantly reminded of this :) -P



1 comment:

  1. thats good paige, thats a tough view point to try and take. ...the one about the trials.

    whew.

    ReplyDelete