Sunday, March 21, 2010

a heavy heart

Tears stream down my face- I am completely emotionally overwhelmed with God's love for me. 
I'm worrying worrying worrying about my life. My tendinitis, which keeps me from practicing the music that I love so much and want to make a future of, my summer plans, my grad school plans, whether or not I will actually pass my Swahili class (thats a big one...)...and the list goes on.

I can not do this with out Him. Can't. No way, no how, it won't happen. 

My left arm is giving me pain as I type this, so it will need to be short. 

I'm writing for as much of a reminder to myself than to any one else who may read this. I have a God who loves me. He thinks I am beautiful and wonderful, and He created me for His pleasure. 

A thoughtful friend pointed out today how Isaiah says God has our names engraved on his hand! Another friend brought up the perfect image of a middle school writing "I love ___" on their hand. They write the a specific name on their hand! They don't care who reads it, and they may even stare at their hand daydreaming about this so-and-so that they are so in love with. It is raising my spirits just to compare this image to our God. Our God that will never leave or forsake us. He has our names engraved on his hand! Tattooed, carved, whatever! Its permanent. We're there, and He is watching us so in love. 
I am very grateful for my friends who brought this image to my mind, and my heart yearns to live thankfully for my great and awesome God that has my name on His hand.


1 comment:

  1. i love this paige.

    God is definately like a giddy 7th grader when it comes to you. I <3 Paige is on his hand.

    I will be praying for you and all the things making your heart heavy right now. not only for these burdens to be lifted, but that you will have a growing desire, a want, to bring these concerns to God.

    "Don't fret or worry. instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It is wonderful wen Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."
    -Phil 4:6-7

    its a little long, but i felt it was fitting for you right now.

    You're a blessing to my life, Paige. It's been great walking with you this past lately.

    ReplyDelete