Tuesday, January 12, 2010

hope now.

"I don't know all the keys to success, but one key to failure is to try to please everyone."

Oh Rick Warren (author of "The Purpose-Driven Life"), you know me too well!
This quote comes from  Day 3 of my journey. Although it hits home, I found something else in this chapter that I would like to share with you. This passage found in Jeremiah, chapter 29 verse 11, may be familiar to you- here:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future".




I find it easy to fall into feeling guilty of my far from perfect past, to worry about the uncertainties in my future, and to focus on matters of little consequence. Right now, I want to focus on God's control of my life. He clearly says that he already has plans! Why am I trying so hard and worrying so much about what is to come of my life? I am promised hope and a future! Promised not just no harm, but that I will prosper if I keep my focus on him. God, help me focus my life around you!

As a musician, my thoughts often process in the form of song. Sounds a bit unreal to some, but I know some of you know what I mean. Phrases that I read or hear automatically bring related music to my mind.The song that comes to mind to me right now is one of my current favorites. Maybe I should blog someday about the strange musical way my mind works. That would be interesting to try to explain....I digress.
Addison Road- Hope Now

Have a listen! This music is inspiring!- P

No comments:

Post a Comment