Tuesday, January 12, 2010

living in the light of eternity

I'm not feeling very inspired today. As a writer at least. Normally I get all excited and have a billion different ideas floating around in my head at once, but today I guess I am distracted. I worked out for the first time in who knows how long- maybe that is a contributing factor? That is one of my resolutions too, by the way. (Along with my resolution glass of milk which I have in fact still been drinking!)

My reading from the fourth chapter of "The Purpose-Driven Life" had a very important reminder. Life here on earth is a very temporary and imperfect practice for eternity. To me, this is one of those "duh" statements that I have always known, yet once I really sit and think about it, how does it impact my day to day life? I am proud to say that part of my life I feel that I have really spent with this mindset. Living for God. Having a purpose that is not my own. Unfortunately, of college world, I cannot say the same. From todays reading, I would really like to take this lesson:

"The closer you live to God, the smaller everything else appears." -Rick Warren

Less self, more God. I think this is something that I will struggle with this semester, but I think its good to struggle with tough lessons sometimes. To me, struggling with an issue is a sign that you are aware that there is a problem. Although this isn't the ideal state to be in, it sure is better than living for yourself. I wish that I could automatically be thinking of God instead of myself, and that I automatically made every decision in my life according to God's plan. I feel like I used to be in that place, a very good place. But at this place in my life, I will put up a fight, and struggle to live my days as a dress rehearsal for heaven! -P



No comments:

Post a Comment