Monday, January 11, 2010

You are no accident.

It is not fate
nor chance
nor luck
nor coincidence
that you are breathing
at this very moment.
-Rick Warren



So begins Day 2 of my journey.
God is love. He created me for fun, for love, for expression, for beauty. God was not lonely and in need of a companion- he is the trinity-he has all he needs. The Bible tells us that God is love. Its not simply that God is loving, or that God has love for us. No, no, no! God IS love. This is how I should live my life. Love! I like this:

"I have carried you since you were born;
I have taken care of you from your birth.
Even when you are old, I will be the same.
Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you.
I made you and I will take care of you."

This passage comes from Isaiah 46: 3-4. My favorite part is God's reiteration of "I made you and I will take care of you." Silly humans, get this through your head! He didn't set the world in motion and step aside to watch us scramble around, frantic and helpless! God, of love and all things new, is carrying us through life until we are old and gray. What a happy image :) -P

1 comment:

  1. Isaiah 46:3-4 is such good scripture, not referenced enough, i feel. It is such a good reminder that God is constant and always there for us.

    ReplyDelete