Monday, January 11, 2010

the art of losing myself

Talk of purpose is everywhere! Everywhere it seems- now that it is a focus of mine.
Funny how that happens.

"Your will above all else,
still my purpose remains,
the art of losing myself
in bringing you praise"

This is a lovely song if you are not familiar with it. "From the Inside Out" by Hillsong.
I urge you to watch/listen!

Consume me from the inside out, Lord. What a powerful prayer! This song brings so much emotion to my heart. Every part of the lyrics has a special meaning to me. Being consumed by God, completely. Oh, how I wish I had the mental and emotional capacity to focus always on God instead of myself. Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades. Never ending! God's glory goes beyond all fame. When I sing this song, when you sing this song, let your heart cry to bring him praise! My soul aches to bring God glory with my life. So many times I have failed. So many times I have gone astray and my life has been the opposite of a witness for my Lord and Savior. Every morning, every new day, I want to wake up with this freeing mentality of losing myself so I can truly live for Christ! Free indeed :) -P





No comments:

Post a Comment